Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What do you look at when you walk by a mirror?
Your smile?  Your nose?  Your belly?  Your hair?

Do you look at yourself and smile?
Smile for the wonderfully unique individual that is standing there?

Do you avoid looking at a part of you?
Or do you look at yourself and acknowlege all your amazing attributes?

I am wondering all of this because I just happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I walked down the hall.  My first reaction was to suck my stomach in.  Then glimpsed down at my legs, they were critiqued next. 
At this point I caught myself and stopped...stopped finding the negatives in myself.  Then I decided they weren't the negatives in me but what makes me unique.  I know this sounds like a cliche but it is true. 
The imperfections make me who I am.
I hope you can acknowledge the parts of you that are not perfect and see that these parts are what make you unique.  How boring to be just like everyone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment