Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oh my gosh! My "big jeans" are too tight!

Oh my gosh! My "big jeans" are too tight!
How many pairs of jeans do you have in your closet? 
Are they all the same size?

I currently have three different sizes of clothes in my closet.
At any time, I can go through my closet and usually find clothes that are bigger than what I wear now and clothes that are smaller than what I wear now. 

I understand why we have sizes, but man does that number on the back waistband of my jeans mess with my mind.

I can wake up in a great mood, feel like the world is just waiting for me to make my mark on it – stroll over to the closet and pull out my favorite pair of jeans (that fit yesterday!) – and bam!  Someone must have snuck into my house in the middle of the night and switched out my clothes!  They are too tight.  Maybe my dinner had too much sodium in it last night, that must be it….I'm bloated.  I wonder if the dryer was on too hot and shrunk them - that could be it!  Maybe it was the sodium and the dryer conspiring with Loki, the Norse God of Mischief, to torture me. 

This scenario can change my mood from positive to negative in about a second.
This is never a good feeling but -
            Remembering that I don't have cancer anymore…
            Remembering that I am healthy…
            Remembering that I am loved…
These are things I can focus on.  These are things I should be focused on. 
Taking the time to look at the good instead of the frustrating, this is what I will focus on. 
Loki won't win this time.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment